Welcome



Welcome to Zett's O scale 3 rail EJ&E layout page. This page will be updated with layout construction techniques, photographs, product reviews, and history of Joliet and the Elgin Joliet & Eastern Railway.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Union Station Project - Part 5

Here is just a quick update on the Union Station project. I have finally got around to ordering some cove, quarter round, and half round pieces to begin working on the decorative trim. This has been a challenge to put together the correct pieces so that I am happy with the result. Here is what I have completed so far.




Finally making some progress again. I have almost made my way to the top of the walls. A tricky part of this step is making all of the trim meet perfectly at the corners. I am going to have to add some type of fill so that the corners appear seamless. The layout itself is now in the benchwork phase, so once the area is complete where the Union Station will sit, I can finally start on the base and make some real progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment