Welcome



Welcome to Zett's O scale 3 rail EJ&E layout page. This page will be updated with layout construction techniques, photographs, product reviews, and history of Joliet and the Elgin Joliet & Eastern Railway.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Union Station Project - Part 4

I have made some decent progress on the station this past week. Finally I have completed most of the intricate work on the street level walls. This area has taken a lot of time, and I am happy that it is over. Below are two quick shots I took showing this area. All that is left to do before paint is work on the decorative keystone pieces that go above the arch top windows and door, and then attach some trim pieces. After paint is complete I can begin installing window details.



I have also begun adding some details to the platform area single story walls. One tricky task was installing the pieces around the window. Making these fit perfectly was almost impossible, so I have some patch work to do. These pieces needed to be installed separately because they are actually in relief from the main walls, and frame the windows. The trim pieces on the bottom of these walls also need some patch work, but turned out quite well. Once I add the decorative trim pieces on top it will be ready for paint.



I expect to make some significant progress on this project as well as the train room itself in the next month. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment